ABOUT THIS SEMINAR
Pose Method® Certification Course • Running Technique Specialist (RTS-L1)
Live Seminar: a minimum of 16-18 Contact Hours • This course is intended for coaches, instructors and trainers.
If coaching is your passion, don’t let „technique“ be a missing ingredient in the formula of your success. This 2-day course is designed to teach sports and health professionals the biomechanically correct running technique and how to use video analysis and running technique assessment tools to analyze running gait and identify errors in movement patterns that produce inefficient technique and lead to overuse injuries.
During this immersive educational course participants will also learn how to use specific corrective technique drills and strength exercises to prevent running related injuries, significantly reduce eccentric knee loading, and improve pain and disability associated with the chronic exertional compartment syndrome.
Related scientific research and clinical studies will be presented and discussed.
The Pose Method® • A Standardized Approach to Running & Injury Prevention
There are fundamental and quite simple, yet not readily apparent, principles present in human movement including running. Those principles govern everything from speed to injuries. VO2Max and everything else is secondary to those main principles. Get those down and you will excel in your field.
The Pose Method® Running Technique Specialist seminar teaches participants:
- The fundamental principles of all human movement defined by the Pose Method® system
- A clear framework for the running movement
- The invariable elements within the anatomy of a running stride and how they contribute to a runner’s speed, endurance, and injury prevention
- Drills and exercises that enhance the runner’s perception of the movement and improve his/her motor pattern
- Running specific strength conditioning
- How to teach running technique in individual and group settings, training sessions and in preparation for endurance events
- How to use video analysis evaluation tool and provides clear guidelines for identifying technique errors
- How to address common injuries associated with poor running technique, as well as provides a conceptual foundation for understanding the cause of injuries
- How to work with athletes by evaluating their technique and providing drill instruction to improve their technique and speed
If your clients are professional or recreational runners, or if they participate in an athletic activity that involves running (which would include the majority of athletic activities), then whether you’re a Physical Therapist, a Sports Doctor, an Athletic Trainer or a Coach – this Certification is for you.
Become a Pose Method® Certified Running Technique Specialist. Teach your clients and athletes how to run and help them become faster and reduce injuries. Developed by Dr. Nicholas Romanov an Olympic Coach – the Pose Method® of Running is currently the only method of teaching running technique with scientific and clinical evidence of reducing impact on knees by virtually 50% and dramatic reduction of pain and disability associated with the chronic compartment syndrome.
The ‚Romanov Academy of Sports Science‘ provides you with over 40 years of scientific experience from around the world on the subject of motion and kinematics, the (physical) work and the interaction with the human biomechanics – a very strong knowledge foundation for your future coaching career!
Required Study Material
To study and prepare for the RTS Certification all candidates must read and view the following material prior to attending the Clinic. This will ensure a better understanding of the subject.
- The Pose Method of Running (book) – To get started with the Pose Method you must get familiar with the essence of the method, its history, its fundamental structure. The best way to do that is to read the Pose Method® of Running written by Dr. Romanov.
- The Running Revolution (book) – Written for runners, this book provides coaches with additional information on client training, creating training programs, structuring training sessions and classes.
- Beginner’s Guide (video) – This transition program was developed to help anyone on any level at any point to transition to Pose running. It provides clear and detailed information on the fundamental structure of the Pose Method of running and reinforces it with visuals, and demonstrations of practical application.
- Articles (articles) – Covering a wide range of topics, these short and easy to comprehend articles will help you build the appropriate foundation.
This course does not include the „Exam & Certification fee“ from the ‚Romanov Academy of Sports Science‘ – if you want to get officially certified as a „Pose Method® Running Technique Specialist“ you have to register also for the „Online Exam & Certification option“ (= 295,-US $) in addition to this course at the Romanov Academy.
We’ll happy to assist you to register yourself at the first day of the course • pls. do not forget to bring your credit card – VISA or MASTER.
There is a written order-confirmation by e-mail after receipt of payment. More details about the seminar, will be send approximately one week before the course to each participant. It is the order of payments received for secure participation. If participation for reasons of capacity is no longer possible, we will inform you and refund you the full course fee.
The participant states that there is no health risk to participate. Participation at your own risk. The host accepts no liability for health and other damages. We reserve the right to cancel or shift the seminar at the absence of the minimum number of participants. In case of cancellation your registration fee paid will be refunded.